The first school in the Albany area was established in 1836 when William Venard’s old cabin was converted into a schoolhouse near the center of town. Classes were taught over the course of a three-month term1. In 1874, this school was known as Delaware Township’s District 1 schoolhouse. It sat on the east side of South Water Street, just north of Albany’s modern day Lions Club building2.
Continue reading “One of Delaware Township’s Albany schoolhouses in Delaware County”One of Delaware Township’s Albany schoolhouses in Delaware County
Read time: 3 min.