Monroe Township’s Macedonia schoolhouse in Delaware County

Read time: 2 min.

Though it was never platted, a small community sprung up around the Macedonia post office at what’s now the intersection of East County Road 700-S and South County Road 200-E. A cemetery has existed in the area since 1840, but by 1881, William Suit operated a store there and a Mr. Gross acted as the village’s blacksmith1. A post office inside the store was discontinued in 1890 and the community subsequently shriveled up2. At some point later, the United Brethren Church immediately east of the cemetery was torn down to supply lumber for a grocery store on US-353

Continue reading “Monroe Township’s Macedonia schoolhouse in Delaware County”